× Home Vancouver to Castle Rock Castle Rock to Centralia Centralia to Olympia Olympia to Tacoma Tacoma to Seattle Seattle to Everett Everett to Mt Vernon Mt Vernon to Bellingham Bellingham to Blaine Credits

The Historic Pacific Highway
in Washington

Main Menu

Jackson House / Mary's Corner south of Chehalis

The first courthouse in Washington State. The Jackson home was also established as the “Highland” post office in 1854 and John R. Jackson is listed in the 1855 edition of “Post Offices in the United States”, as postmaster of Highland, Lewis County, Washington Territory. 

The first record from the Jackson Prairie courthouse is from October 4, 1847, when Sheriff John R. Jackson presented a Lewis County tax assessment roll for examination at the October term of the Commissioners Court of Lewis County.

2011 map

Pic 3. Jackson House

Pic 1. Looking south

Pic 2. Looking south at Mary's Corner. It was named for Mary Rogers who ran a store there in the 1920s.

 


©2014 - 2017 pacific-hwy.net
All Rights Reserved